Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Music and Marshmallows


Last week, I heard more than once that a variety of people 'read my blog'. Yikes! I immediately thought that perhaps I should straighten up, but then what is the point?! I certainly can't express all this nonsense in public or social situations. This is my blog, so it must reflect some of 'me' or 'I'--'Inappropriate, Immature, and Insecure'!
But I did recall that a lot of the music that I had previously posted was pretty shocking and I really don't have a one-track mind, (although I WAS probably after the shock value), nor am so narrow-minded that I can't listen to other music genres...
As I was house sitting, I made an attempt to dust here and there (yes, it was a pathetic attempt--partly due to the fact that I am not a cleaner, and partly because I was really afraid of breaking anything in the house) and I happened to glance at a music CD. I immediately recognized the person on the cover as someone who was at the recent wedding. Someone's relative? There was more than one of his CD's. A few days later, I was out digging up plants and saw my first vehicle in days...imagine my surprise to discover that it was the same person...so I now have my first bluegrass CD ever, since he just so happened to have an extra in his trunk: Blue Flannel Friday.

Now that I am home again, I have spent the last 2 days making apricot pies (15 so far this year as opposed to 42, and I've given away 7) and was going to listen to music while I rolled out crust. I was rather confused when I couldn't find my CD player--god, I have Alzheimers already!, but Briggs had pilfered it and the UPS loaders have lain claim to it for early morning hours. This irritated me at first, but it probably makes 4:00am go by a little faster so I guess I can spare it.

As I write this, I have set out some marshmallows for the Fugitive. He is here now at 10:25; sometimes he shows up before dark. Paula and Brigham had set up a tent over the weekend and roasted hotdogs and marshmallows in the backyard on top of Brigham's new invention-- a forge. The raccoon camped out too and enjoyed raspberries and marshmallows, so he gets a couple every night for a treat... but if he has a sweet tooth there are plenty of apricots laying out in the yard. Go for it, cause I'm tired of all this fruit!

1 comment:

Dan Johnson said...

Ah B, don't censor your blog...that's what it's for. You probably know more about me than a lot of my friends do.
I have a very eclectic taste in music as well, I found your musical choices most excellent.
Pies? I gotta hand it to you, it must be a labour of love...