Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lovely Flowers


I know these are out of order...but...


I had to post some floral pics that I took a few weeks ago...Nate's mom has the most gorgeous flowers. Here is a large rose from the side of her house--one a digital pic, the other with some Photochopt. If I paint, sometimes I break items down in PhotoShop, then posterize the edges--makes it a little easier to see 'value'... Same way with her blue fairy flowers--they were incredible. I think they are larkspur. The pink lily/pink rose combo is also from her home and the rock barn.
The 33 pink lily bulbs that I ordered.... are pink...and yellow--I dislike the yellow, so the company is going to replace them.
The really frilly pink rose clusters are the antique roses that were dug from grandma's chicken pen, while the pink day lilies are a gift 2 years ago from coffee-drinking Ol' Coach Guy. They have to go to the basement every winter. I am going to do my best to catch up with Sandy's lilies!

No comments: